Beasley Square's Mission
To provide stable, quality affordable housing for low income persons;
- To deliver these services with integrity and mutual accountability:
- To create living environments which serve as catalysts for the transformation from dependency to economic self-sufficiency;
- To continuously pursue the development of additional affordable housing units whenever financial or regulatory opportunities may exit.
About Beasley Square
Beasley Square is located at the corner of Duke & S. West Street. There are a total of eight-1 bedroom units, with three units on the first and second floor and two units on the third floor. The three stories high building consists of wood frame construction with brick veneer. Beasley Square is patterned after the Italianate style of architecture commonly found within the Old and Historic District of Alexandria. Click the layout image to enlarge:
Becoming a Tenant
Seniors seeking to become a tenant must:
- Call to set-up an appointment; No walk-ins, by appointment only
- Indicate whether they have been approved by ARHA to select housing
- Complete an application; provide statement evidence of monthly income
- Provide financial and character references
- Consent to a credit check
- Must be 62 years of age or older
- Currently have a Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher
What is The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program?
The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) increases affordable housing choices for very low-income households by helping families pay a portion of their rent in privately owned housing. ARHA, Alexandria Redevelopment Housing Authority, which administers this program, has the responsibility for regulatory and administrative oversight of all state and federally-aided rental assistance programs which address the needs of low-income families, the elderly and persons with disabilities.
We would love to hear from you! Please use the form below to email Beasley Square.